Thursday 5 November 2009

whenever you look up, there I shall be.....




I recently came across this gorgeous post on the beautiful Lobster and Swan, which reminded me of the happiest weekend I ever had (coincidentally also booked through Under the Thatch), the one where my boy asked me to marry him (and I said yes), where we played Far from the Madding Crowd inside our cosy Shepherd's Hut in the Brecon Beacons, adopted a flock of ducks, roasted potatoes on the stove, waddled around the Usk Reservoir (I was 7 months pregnant at the time so didn't make it up Pen y Fan), and sat on the steps watching buzzards and red kites circle in the sky at dusk. He surprised me with a beautiful ring from my favourite jewellery designer, Alex Monroe. I was totally swept away by the romance of it all. Wales in September... you might imagine a drop or two of rain would dampen the occasion, but not a bit thankfully, as we had to trek a hundred yards or so to the outside composting toilet and wood-heated (deliciously steamy) shower, both in separate little huts. We were utterly secluded for the the entire weekend, except for one or two visits from Marcus, the farmer, on his quad to check that the wood-burner for the water was in, and we were ok. We thought that next year, when the tiddler is here, we might go back to stay in the B&B at Mandinam farmhouse.

Photos from the lovely: galvogalvo






No comments:

Post a Comment